Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cretaceous Halloween

Halloween season is an awesome time to visit the Ogden Dinosaur Park. Everything is decked out in pumpkins, skeletons and all kinds of creepy things. It's right at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, so being there as the leaves are turning is amazing too. We went a few weeks ago, when the weather was still nice, and it was so much fun.Matthew had just woken up from a nap, and wasn't in the mood. He kept saying, "I scared, I scared." Rob ended up carrying him most of the time.

If you've never been to the dinosaur park, you should! It's got a great museum...
and a ton of trails with dinosaurs. I think I have a picture of us in front of this triceratops every time we've been here.

Creepy!
I'm not sure about this knife-toting psyco clown guy. I think the dinosaur is going to get the better of him.
Though I've been to the dinosaur park a bunch of times, it was a first for Rob. I forgot to warn him that the dinosaurs come alive, looking for dinner.
Matthew was perfectly happy to stick with his Daddy. He loved the dinosaurs, but was extra cautious too.
The kids would be happy just to go there and play at the playground. We have done that before!
I discovered that if you buy a year pass to the Ogden Union Station (for $40), it also gets you into the Dinosaur Park, and the Ogden Nature Center. It's a lot cheaper than buying a pass from the Dinosaur Park. I think it's a pretty good deal.
I guess they open the park back up at night during Halloween. I hear it's really cool, yet scary. I didn't want to pay extra, nor would Matthew handle the scariness.

0 comments: