Friday, November 20, 2009

Chuck E. Knows How to Party

Nathan got invited to a birthday party  for Kylie (a girl in his class) at Chuck E. Cheese's tonight.  He and his friend Spencer were the only two boys attending, and I didn't know Kylie or her parents, so I took the boys together.  I'd never been to Chuck E's before and was a bit leery.  I had heard that it was a mad-house etc.  Rob had always convinced me that it was a place to be avoided. Some friends earlier today assurred me however, that it would be great, and safe- if I needed to leave him there.  We ended up having a great time. 

I did leave to go shopping for a while, but Abby preferred it at Chuck E's.  I didn't take my camera, so the only pictures I got of the trip were from the little photo/sketch booths.  What a cool idea, I thought they were great.

We tried to get me, Abby, Spencer and Nathan in the picture at once, but Nate didn't make it.

So now I know that I don't need to be afraid of Chuck E. Cheese's anymore.  Nathan and Spencer got enough tickets to get some cool prizes, so they were really happy.  Thanks Kylie and her family for the great party.
The best part about the whole thing was the drive to and from the party.  I loved listening to the boys talk as we drove.  They made me giggle.  Aw, the world of 7-year-olds.  I'm so glad Nathan has a good friend!  What a great thing it is to have good friends.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Chuck E. Cheese photo booths are so fun! I think they are the best part of going there.