I am losing huge amounts of hair each day, and it's really starting to freak me out. I'll spare you a picture, it would horrify you (not to mention totally gross you out). It's happened after each of my babies reached about 4 months old, and from what I understand, it's pretty normal. It's always tapered out and returned to normal, but I haven't seen signs of that yet. What if it doesn't this time?!
Rob reminds me that if I go bald, I won't have to do my hair anymore, nor will I have to worry about coloring all those grays. Thanks hon, I feel better!
I'll let you in on a little secret of mine: one of my (many) little insecurities is my hair. So having it get so thin is not helping things. I guess if there's any consolation, I do see lots of new growth in my newly formed widow's peak. So I have wispys and fly-aways to look forward to. Who am I kidding, I've always got those.
Does anyone else go through this after having a baby?!
Here's to hoping my shedding ends soon. In the mean time, I'll keep pulling hair out of my vacuum, shower, broom, laundry- ok, pretty much everything. It's worse than having a cat! Sorry for the gross post, it's just been really bothering me lately.
My 100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
9 years ago

5 comments:
Darn kids! Yes, it happens to me too. =/ At least we can be bald together...deal?
Yep, totally happened to me too. Although, I think it has more to do with nursing, than childbirth. Katelynn's decided she doesn't like nursing anymore, and my hair isn't falling out like crazy anymore. That's my two-bits.
This happens to me everytime too around 3-4 months post-partum. It's not like I'm already insecure because I can't fit into any of my clothes at this stage and then to add massive amounts of hair falling out...yep, total image builder. It is a drop in horomone levels from what I understand. I started using a sticky pet rollerbrush because I was so tired of seeing my hair all over my clothes. Love the fun little regrowth too.
Hmmmmm...I am so sorry to hear about this little mishap...I have nothing comforting to say and no witty remarks either...thus is my post-partum dilema...HA!
I"m so glad you posted this last night I was showing Jared my bald spots. Brock is 4 months old and I'm losing chunks of hair nightly. Hopefully it comes back, if not those infomercials with the spray paint for your hair seem to work. =)
Post a Comment