Monday, October 19, 2009

Cousins

I was intending this to be several posts, but I'm realizing that these fun pictures will never get posted if I don't just put them all together. I'm never going to get all the catching-up done that I need to do. I'm always behind.
Anyway... we've had several fun adventures with our cousins. This is a collection of events with my family.
For Labor Day, we went to Layton Park with Jim & Lynette and kids, and aunt Terri. This is an awesome tree limb that was begging for a picture of a bunch of kids. We have Ryan, Adam, Matthew, Sarah, Ashely, Nathan, Erin and Abby.
Matthew and Adam are so cute together! We had a great time feeding the ducks.

Adam, Matt, Sarah and Ashley waiting patiently on the limb for pictures while...
these yahoos climb the tree. Erin and Ryan are avid tree climbers.
Terri with all the kids.
Porter turned 1, and this was his amazing barn cake. Toni worked on it forever, and it turned out great!Here's P. with his own little cake. They worried the barn cake would stain too bad. Oh, back to Labor Day. We went home and played on the slip n' slide. Nathan loves to practice his "baseball slide." He goes pretty far too! I love the water in this picture.
Sarah became a good slip n' slider.
Porter and his mom and dad joined us for a barbecue. He preferred Mater over the slip n' slide.
Toni was letting Abby experience the fun of slip n' slides. Porter watches on with great interest.
Ashley turned 5 just five days after Sarah. The kids had a blast at her party. They played games, decorated yummy cup cakes, and whacked a pinata. Happy Birthday Ashley.
I love this picture of Ryan and Nathan.
...and the always adorable Adam and Matthew.
My brother Tom and his wife Misty and their 5 kids came to visit over General Conference weekend. They live in Michigan, so we don't get to see them much. We had a great time having them stay with us. We had quite a house-full.
This picture cracks me up. The kids were told they needed to watch Conference. Those not obeying, got to sit on the couch with Misty and Tom. Here's Tim, Brooke and Chris. Notice Brooke's pleased expression, and Chris' hands over his ears.
I had Conference bingo and activity packets for the kids to do. It worked some of the time. How do you hold that many kid's attention for that long?! I think I need to watch Conference again to catch the many things I missed.
Here's Misty with the kids enjoying zucchini brownies while the guys were at the Priesthood session. YUM!!!
Here are my four brothers Dan, Tom, Evan and Jim with Rob as they leave for the Priesthood Session of Conference. What a rare treat that was for them all to be together for Priesthood.
This was one of the cutest things of the weekend- we found the little boys enjoying a tea party! They were so adorable, and totally unaware (or uncaring) that they were doing something so girly. This is Jacob, Matt and Tim.
Porter found his way to the tea party as well. How sweet!
Matthew's recent favorite story is Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss. He found the book and asked his uncle Evan to read it to him. I think he talked about 3 other people into reading it to him that day. By the way... one of my few talents is reading Fox in Socks really fast. It's a great tongue twister, and I love it. Thanks Evan! My family has a tradition that we make roll-up pancakes for breakfast before Conference on Sunday morning. Yum, I love it!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I love the little boys' tea party! How cute is that?! :)

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

I love your post, so cute. Yummy, makes me want more roll up pancakes. =)