Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Tractor of Our Very Own

That's right!  We got our very own tractor, and we are so excited about it.  Rob's dad had an old tractor at their orchard in Oregon  that he didn't need, so he said we could have it.  Rob had  to go to Oregon this past week to take classes to get a pesticide applicator's license.  (He'll need to be certified to be able to spray the cherries in his dad's orchard).  So, he brought our tractor back with him.  We love it!!!  It's a 1948 Ford 8N.  Someone asked me what color it is, and I had to think for a second.  Um... mostly rust colored.  It's way old, but runs great- just needs a little TLC.  (Dad, the PTO runs great, but the three point hitch won't go up and down.  Any ideas?)


So maybe a tractor is a little over-kill for the size of garden we have, but it sure will be handy.  Plus, it has a scrapper blade we can use to clear snow off the driveway.  I think our garden is going to get bigger, very soon. :)
(Toni, I'm sure you notice Evan's snowmobile still on our trailer in the background.  You'll be happy to know it's now in the shed.  -My sister-in-law Toni got my bro. a snowmobile for Christmas, and wanted to store it at our house.  We said, "sure, as long as you leave the key." I have yet to ride on it though)

Can you tell Abby was pretty into the tractor?!  She's a natural.

Sarah was very excited for a ride on the tractor.  She even got to steer.  Matthew didn't want to have anything to do with it.  Though it runs really quiet, I think it scares him.
Am I silly for being so giddy about having an old tractor?!  I don't think so.  I think it's awesome.  I think we need more land!


5 comments:

Terri said...

I love it! My favorite picture is of Sarah and Abby! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Gotta love it! Now Rob can go around sining "She thinks My Tractor's sexy"

Carrie and Jon said...

I love it!!! Some of my favorite memories when I was little were driving the tractor with my dad:) I heard the song, my big green tractor on the radio just a while ago, and I thought of you... maybe you could change the words to 'my big rust tractor:)' Anyway, I'm so excited for you!

toni said...

Jealous! (Evan)

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Congratulations!!! I love it! Now you just need to get one of those lawn mower blades to put on the back too... =)
The tractor I used to drive at Butter's Construction had a problem with the hydrolics(sp), it would only lift my mower sometimes.