A few weeks ago Rob found a 16" bike for Sarah at a yard sale on his way home. Nathan was as excited about her learning to ride as she was. For a few days as they would head out the door, I'd hear Nathan say, "Ok Sarah, are you ready for another bike lesson?" I had no idea what exactly they were doing out there, until Sarah came in the house saying that she had ridden across the yard. I asked if she meant that she'd ridden across the yard with Nathan holding on. Nope, she'd done it alone. I had tried helping her a few days before, and she didn't seem nearly ready to ride. What a surprise when I went out and saw Nathan help her on the bike, steady her and help her across the driveway, then let go. She rode for quite a ways across the yard.
I suggested we try on the road, and she rode so fast that I couldn't keep up. She doesn't really know how to stop, so she rides up on some one's lawn, and bails off the side. She is such a little daredevil! The bike seems so big for her, but she's now learned to get on and get going all by herself. Way to go Sarah, and thanks for the help Nathan!

3 comments:
My kids all learned to ride by themselves...and it was soooo nice to just let them figure it out!!!
Good job Sarah! We like your bike. It looks like so much fun.
Way to go Sarah! Glad to see that Nathan is feeling better too. Sammy's had croup, so we know how you're feeling!
Post a Comment