Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!!

We had a great Christmas. What a magical time of year. Nathan said it best a few days before Christmas. "I just love Christmas time. Do you know what I love best- the great feeling." We enjoyed being together and with extended family. We hope that you and your family feel the great peace and joy that comes from celebrating our Savior's humble birth.
This is my favorite picture from Christmas. Matthew, our Disney "Cars" nut was so excited for his MegaBlocks Mac, Lightening McQueen and Mater. We were terribly spoiled! Nathan loves his new Lego sets. I'm loving having little tiny Lego pieces all over his room. He and Rob had a great time putting the sets together. Apparently he did have Legos as a kid.Sarah loves playing on her "laptop" from Evan and Toni, and with her purse and girly stuff from Sena and Clint.Rob has played game after game of Candy Land and the Kid's Farming Game with the kids. Can he really do it? What a cute game! Rob was excited for his Ticket To Ride 1910 Expansion pack. Oh the games we'll play now!
Sarah's face cracks me up, as Nathan shows her the ballet dress he got for her. She had told him she wanted one. She has yet to try it on. Last year it took about 8 months before she tried on the dress-up clothes we got her for Christmas. What a funny girl!
Cowboy Christmas
About two weeks before Christmas, my kids decided what they really wanted for Christmas was cowboy boots and cowboy hats. I'm not sure where it came from, but... Nathan cancelled everything else off his list (except the cap guns-maybe that's what made him think of the boots and hat). Sarah never had given any indication of what she wanted for Christmas. She always just said "I'll be happy with whatever." A few days after deciding on boots and hats, I asked her again what she wanted for Christmas. Her reply was, "well, you already know that I want cowboy-girl boots, and a cowboy-girl hat. The rest, you'll just have to wait and see." After she left the room, Rob and I about fell out of our bed laughing.
Nathan was thrilled with his boots.As was Sarah.

What cute cowboys!

Love the "Rodeo Queen" cowboy hat.Christmas Eve
We spent the 23rd and 24th with Rob's family. We had fun hanging out, watching ball games, and eating yummy food.
Rob's parents with uncle Ron and aunt Jan.
Tara & SteveSena & ClintMatt loves going to Tara's house because of their dog Zoe, and their great collection of Cars cars. Sarah was not thrilled to be a shepherd as we reenacted the Nativity. She wanted to be a Wise man with Nathan. The Shepherds- Madi, Becky and Sarah.

On Christmas day we went to my parents' house. It was a very low-key Christmas celebration, as my parents were busy packing up their house and cleaning- in preparation for leaving on their mission. We had yummy food at Jim & Lynette's house. Somehow I didn't even get the camera out. We got home and went right to bed. I was in bed by 9:30 p.m. What a great time of year!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Sounds like a fun holiday season for you guys! We definitely need to bring the kids over to see the train sometime!

Amy B. said...

Chris loves the Ticket to Ride game...where can you get it?