Monday, January 12, 2009

Bye Bye

My parents headed for Guam today on their mission. Since I was taking them to the airport at 3:30 this morning, we had our kids say their goodbyes last night when they came over for dinner.My kids were not in the mood for goodbyes, nor pictures. Thus the result:It was not the cute, fond farewells I had anticipated, but we got what we got.I do have to mention that we had woken them up from their naps for dinner, and they were still grumpy about that. This picture was a failed attempt at taking a cute picture of Matthew and cousin Adam with Grandma. (sigh)

Adam was sweet for the pictures. At least I got a cute one of Nathan and Grandpa. In the rest of his pictures, he was trying to Kung Fu fight with Grandpa.

I have a few better pictures of the goodbyes before Grandma and Grandpa went to the MTC. Adam and Matthew are definitely Grandpa's boys! Boy are they going to miss him (and they don't even understand it yet)!!!

Bye, bye Grandma and Grandpa. We will miss you so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean about the pictures:( sorry it wasn't like you planed. Mom and Dad look so cute all ready to go. We will all miss them so much!

Amy B. said...

I can't even look at those sad pictures...the kids faces are heartbreaking!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Oh, your kids are still so cute even though they are sad in the pictures. Tonight just before dinner, Stephen climbed in the same box as the other day, (with Skyler, and their Grandma made quilts of course) and announced that they were off on a drive. Their destination was Guam. We miss them so much already too.