VS
We have a big red and blue rivalry in our home. I am a big BYU fan, and Rob loves the U of U. How did it get this way?! He was a cougar fan when we were dating and got married! Rob started attending the U a year before we got married, but his conversion to red took a while. I need to pull out old pictures of him in BYU gear. The other day someone asked how we handle the rivalry in our home- wondering if someone ends up on sleeping on the couch. No it's nothing like that. It's mostly a friendly rivalry. I have to admit though, I have been known to hide certain articles of Rob's clothing from time to time (like game day etc.). I think it's pretty funny. Rob doesn't know it, but I make a conscience effort not to dress our kids in red the entire rivalry week. (which reminds me... I need to do laundry, the kids are running out of non-red clothes.) The kids are BYU fans of course. I have undo influence on them I guess- or they just know who's the best. Without any spurring by me, the kids make up little rhymes like "Utes get kicked by our boots" or "Utes are toots." I think it all started with Rob making up things about Cougars and losers. I think I need to send him back to rhyming school, because he thinks cougars and losers rhyme. It's all pretty hilarious. Nathan made me this cute sign.
We usually have a bet riding on the game, involving the loser providing some kind of servitude. We haven't decided on just what it will be this year. Any suggestions? Thankfully, the cougars haven't let me down in the past several years. I find it interesting though, because whenever BYU wins, it's not because they played better, but because of some bad call... I've gotten good at rolling my eyes at that one. Rob came home from church saying that we were invited to Jon and Carrie's to watch the game (we don't pick up the Mountain with our rabbit ears). I asked if they knew what they are getting themselves into. He is a pretty vocal Ute fan. So... Carrie, if you read this- are you sure about Rob coming? I love him and all, but he makes for an interesting time watching a BYU game. After all is said and done, it doesn't really matter that much in our home how it all turns out. I really love having bragging rights for the next year, though I don't rub it in too bad. Better than having bragging rights though, is Rob not having them. Hee hee hee. Love ya Rob!
We usually have a bet riding on the game, involving the loser providing some kind of servitude. We haven't decided on just what it will be this year. Any suggestions? Thankfully, the cougars haven't let me down in the past several years. I find it interesting though, because whenever BYU wins, it's not because they played better, but because of some bad call... I've gotten good at rolling my eyes at that one. Rob came home from church saying that we were invited to Jon and Carrie's to watch the game (we don't pick up the Mountain with our rabbit ears). I asked if they knew what they are getting themselves into. He is a pretty vocal Ute fan. So... Carrie, if you read this- are you sure about Rob coming? I love him and all, but he makes for an interesting time watching a BYU game. After all is said and done, it doesn't really matter that much in our home how it all turns out. I really love having bragging rights for the next year, though I don't rub it in too bad. Better than having bragging rights though, is Rob not having them. Hee hee hee. Love ya Rob!Go Cougs!



4 comments:
Go Cougars!!! I remember when Rob was a Y fan!
Cute drawing Nathan!!! Cheer loud for BYU!
So how are those bragging rights going? I love Nathan's sign! What great kids!
At least you both like the Jazz.
I enjoy your blog. Cute cute kids. I'm very impressed with your canning, that's great. Rob is quite the handy man. My husband keeps wanting to make our furniture but I get impatient. I guess I'll have to take your advice... good things come to those who wait.
Post a Comment