Have I ever told you how handy my man is?! He is truly a handyman. He loves to build things, fix and maintain vehicles, do home improvement, even fix his own crane. He is amazing! Though this year hasn't been good for our business, it's been really good for getting projects completed. He's never had the time to work on things like he has over the last several months. Today we moved our new entertainment center in, and I love it! It will eventually have a side unit on each side. After all this, our TV doesn't fit (I'm pretty sure he planned it that way). He bought our current TV over 14 years ago. The tuner went out many years ago, but works fine through the VCR. It makes terrible popping sounds, and we think it's going to shatter, but it keeps working fine. We are use-it-til-it-doesn't-work kind of people, but I guess we'll have to buy a new TV now- bummer huh?! Rob started the entertainment center over a year ago, and we didn't think our TV would still be functioning. He's wanted a new TV anyway, and he deserves it!
Here are a few of the other projects he's completed this year. Nathan's crib. That's right, Nathan's crib was finally completed in time for Matthew to sleep in. He's been sleeping through the night since he got it! Good things come to those who wait. I've learned to just be patient- it's worth it! Uh oh, looks like Matthew is about ready to move into a big-boy bed.
Our back yard. He built the swing set and the play toy (which will probably end up with a roof). I guess the green grass shows that he completely redid the sprinklers in the back yard. Our pear tree grew at least 4 feet this year. Who knew water would do that for a tree?! I am so happy to have a back yard that is pretty, and I love- It's just too small, but we thoroughly enjoy it!
Our patio was an enormous amount of work. Rob hauled with his wheelbarrow: 5 yards of gravel, 3 yards of sand, two and a half pallets of block, not to mention all the dirt he hauled out of the patio area, and swing set area. Plus... he mixed at least 20 bags of cement in it. His wheel barrow has worn holes completely through.
My man is the man! I'm a lucky girl. Love you Rob!!! Thanks for all the work you do for us!
My 100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
9 years ago

4 comments:
You are a lucky girl! That's impressive that he made all that. Oh and about the little yard...I would've thought it was small before coming here to Holland. Now it is amazing to me what is considered a large backyard...I mean garden! :)
You are lucky! Rob is great! Your entertainment center is beautiful, enjoy that soon to come new T.V.
Wow! That's the first we've seen the back yard completed! It's beautiful, Rob! How come you didn't call us for help? The crib and EC are fabluous? such raw talent! Good Job!
Wow, those projects look great! Your man is amazing! (And you too! I am sure you had your work cut out for you as well.)
Post a Comment