Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am Thankful

As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I can't help but feel an overwhelming gratitude for all I have been blessed with. I have a great husband, and wonderful kids.! My family and Rob's family are great. I know God loves me and answers prayers. I know that Christ lives, and made it so my family can be together forever. I live in a free (for now -oops, did I say that?) country, and have a nice roof over my head. We are healthy. I have plenty of food, and the basics of life. I live in relative peace, and ease. It's a good life! What more do I need -really?!!! As I looked through the post-Thanksgiving ads, nothing stuck out to me. I don't really need anything. I am thankful to be content! I was thinking back to my college days when my mom would ask me what I wanted for Christmas. The things I usually asked for were: shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, food... the stuff that really adds for for a poor college student. Maybe those are the types of things I'll get for Christmas this year. Wouldn't the kids love that?! Don't worry, I'll get them a little fun too. For some reason, this year feels different. Maybe my mind is focusing on the slogan "Use it all; wear it out; make it do; or go without." Who knows what lies ahead. Wow, I am in a really somber mood.

On a lighter note, here's how our Thanksgiving was. YUMMY! We spent Wednesday night at Rob's sister Tara's place. His whole family was there for Thanksgiving except for Jayson on a mission, and my bro-in-law Walter who had to stay in Texas and work. I don't remember a time when we have had this many of Rob's family together for Thanksgiving. It was great. I don't mind a big crowd of family, I love it. Coming from the family that I do, it's just normal to have a lot of people around. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins. We don't get to see the cousins from Texas and Arizona very often, so this was a real treat. We got to play a lot of games, visit a lot and eat a lot, lot, lot!Tara let the kids decorate her Christmas tree- one of my kids' favorite things to do.

Matthew was so silly and entertaining! All the cousins except the three oldest.We ended up staying there Thursday night as well. Rob beat us all at Ticket to Ride many times over (except I won the first game :) Rob loves to rock out on Rock Band with Tara and Steve, and they did that until 2:30 a.m.. I stink at it, so I went to bed! Rob's mom and sisters all headed out shopping early "Black Friday." I think they are insane! I'm not a shopper, so for me it would be torture. I had fun hanging out with the kids and the guys. We headed home on Friday at 2:30 in the afternoon, and they were still out shopping. They had a good time, but I'm glad I didn't attempt it. I would have ruined it for them. We got to see some of my family that evening. I helped my mom and Terri tie a quilt for my baby, and Rob took my Dad to the Jazz game. It was a good, low-key Thanksgiving full of family and food- just like it's supposed to be.

0 comments: