Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nathan's 1st Goal!

Nathan has been a real hustler at his soccer games lately. I had the camera out, ready to take great action shots... He was very motivated to score a goal (partly because I was bribing him with $1 for every goal :). He had some close shots, and we were cheering for him as loud as we could. Then, Sarah had to go to the potty. Wouldn't you know it- when we got back, the other parents said Nathan had scored a goal. Not just any goal either, but the game winning goal (they don't keep score in this league, but apparently some of the parents do). Rob had taken a really ornery Matthew to the car, so he missed the goal too. (Sigh) They said that when he scored, he yelled and threw his arms in the air. He later told me, "when I scored, I got a lot of cheers." I'm so sad I missed it. Hopefully there will be more. He is loving playing.

Here he is demonstrating how he kicked the ball in.
Nathan and his teammate Hyrum. Hyrum is really good and scores most of the goals. Nathan is learning to be more aggressive, but it still just doesn't seem to be in his nature.

1 comments:

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Congratulations on your goal Nathan! That is so exciting! And good luck in the games you still have coming up!