Every Labor Day weekend we head to Huntington Canyon for Rob's family reunion. Rob needed to be at the hospital in Washington with his Dad this weekend, so I decided to go alone (alone- as in with three kids, but no Rob. Yikes!). I was a bit nervous about going, not because it was his family reunion, but because camping with 3 kids by myself is no picnic- if you know what I mean?! Rob's family is great, and I feel totally comfortable being with them. I've been going to this reunion for 12 years now, so I know everyone pretty well. We spent Friday night at Tara and Steve's then headed for the reunion together in the morning. I was so glad they were going! The kids had a great time playing with cousins, doing crafts, and getting wet. The reunion just wasn't the same this year. We all missed Rob (or Robbie as they call him down there :) and Grandma & Grandpa R. The tone was subdued, and everyone was really mellow. We didn't even do karaoke this year. We were too tired. I'm sure the family auction didn't make nearly as much money with Grandpa not being the auctioneer!
We miss you Grandpa & Grandma and Rob!
Ahoy thar maties!
I just couldn't resist taking this picture of Brandon sleeping with his mouth open. It was all good until Uncle Gary woke him up with a wet squishy ball. He opened his eyes to find his Dad taking a picture of him, and his younger brother laughing at him. It didn't go over too well, but was funny nonetheless.
Matthew had a great time, and proved to be a challenge for me to keep up with (as I knew he would). He had fun running around, chasing dogs, getting wet, and climbing on things he shouldn't. He was also very tired and ornery, and refused to take a nap. The next day I heard comments like "What a different boy he is today. He's all smiles." Amazing what a good night's sleep can do! He always has a look that seems to say, "now...what else can I get into?!"
Kennedy and Madi sit with Aunt Jana, watching the horseshoe tournament.
Steve and Klover won the horseshoe tournament this year- imagine that! How did they get paired up together? I felt bad for Skyler (also in the picture) that he got paired up with me. I am not very skilled at horseshoes-I stink!
Uncles Gary and Kenny
Kodi, Jana, Gary and Babe working on a delicious breakfast.
Those that make it all possible- Sandy, Marleen and Bret. Thanks for the fun reunion!
Sarah was good to play with Matthew.
Nathan still can't get enough of his bandanna. Weston is a cutie.
We were glad Jana was able to bring April's kids. This is Cassie. She looks just like her mom.
Sarah is a real sweetie, except when really tired. Hooray for naps, and a good night's sleep!We survived the reunion, and the trip home in the pouring rain. I was able to get the tent up by myself and we made it through the reunion with only a few bumps and bruises. Thanks to everyone that helped me with the kids. We had fun stopping at Laura's and Tara's on the way to and from the reunion. I'm thankful for our families! You all are so awesome. Thanks Rob, Sena, and Jayson for missing the reunion to be with Grandpa. We love you!

1 comments:
Able to get a tent up by yourself...you can do just about anything...scratch that...you can do everything! You're amazing!
Post a Comment