A few weeks ago, we made our first visit to Grandpa's grave since the funeral. He had been gone for a month, and we miss him a lot. It's been a learning and growing experience for all of us. It was a beautiful day. We took flowers and a giant pin-wheel, and the kids thought that was really cool. I think the pictures are cute, so I decided to write about it.
What a gorgeous place. The view is spectacular! Too bad it was hazy that day.
Sarah and Matthew had to provide their own wind to get the pin-wheel to go.
Abby loved the dirt and the pin-wheel.
We'll go down this weekend. I hope the pin-wheel is still there (but I kind of doubt it).
What makes me laugh about the whole trip, is that Sarah and Matthew started rolling and doing cartwheels down the hill next to the grave. I'd bet it made Grandpa smile!

0 comments:
Post a Comment