Friday, May 7, 2010

Matthew is 3!

My Matthew just turned 3!  He has grown up so much in the last year.  He went from being the baby to being the big brother.  He makes me laugh and laugh, and want to curse, every day!  He is so funny and sweet, stubborn and infuriating, snuggly and independent.  Life is a roller coaster with that kid around.  People at church are always saying how cute he is, and how much they enjoy watching him at church.  He's a riot.
The day before his birthday was my brother Evan's graduation from BYU (sorry Evan, you don't get your own post- though you really deserve one.  I just don't have the time and energy.  If I don't post it now, it won't get done). Evan got his PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and I am so proud of him.  He and Toni invited all the family down for a big celebration at Tepanyaki's.  I'd never eaten there, so it was a real treat!  Thanks Evan and Toni.  The kids really enjoyed it too.  We rarely go out to eat, especially with the kids.  Matt was facinated with the cooking show, but the food was too hot coming right off the grill, and he shyed away from it.  I found him on the floor eating Abby's stars.
I love his reaction to the flames.
Here's me and Evan.
After the dinner, we had Matthew's birthday cake.  I only had a short time to do the cake.  I'm not all that of a decorator anyway, but especially when I've got no time.  He was happy with it anyway.  He loves Buzz Lightyear (who doesn't?!).  He had a great time playing with his cousins and messing up Evan and Toni's place (SORRY!).
We got him a tricycle for his birthday.  He was a bit reserved at first, and we worried that he didn't like it that much, or wouldn't get into it.  But once he got it figured out...  He woke up the next morning and broke his routine.  Instead of first asking for food or a show, he asked to get dressed so he could go ride his bike.  He's really good on it now, and it's fun to watch.  He even gives Sarah rides on the back of it.

For his birthday, he wanted to go to the Dinosaur Park.  He wasn't even scared this time- mostly!
What's a trip to the Dinosaur Park without someone almost getting eaten?!
I usually don't have any pictures of me, but Rob did a lot of the picture taking this trip.  Though not flattering, here they are.  We mostly just played at the playground.  We had a great time!

Since we had his birthday cake the day before, he was more than content to just have an ice cream cone (especially knowing that we'd have Abby's birthday cake the next day).
We love this guy!  He's always so enthuiastic about life, that he makes our lives fun.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW!!!

0 comments: