Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Baby Yet! Any Guesses?

Here I am, two days from my due date, and no baby yet. It's not a surprise really. I don't think my body knows how to go into labor on its own- I've been induced on all three so far. I'm not really ready for a baby to come yet anyway, so we're good. I really ought to pack a hospital bag just in case. Today my Dr. said that I'm at a 3 and 70%, so we're making progress. I'm scheduled to be induced on April 28th. I'm glad that my Dr. will let me go a little past my due date, just so I can get more done... but there is just something magical about the due date you've been looking forward to for 9 months. To see that date come and go with no baby kind of stinks. I'm mostly feeling pretty well, or as well as can be expected at this point.

So now the question- BOY or GIRL? What do you think?! The Dr. and nurses in the delivery room get so excited when someone comes in not knowing what they are having. Everyone is on their toes to find out. I sure am!!! With the other kids we've pretty much had a feeling either way, but this baby is a mystery. Some days I'm thinking boy, and other days I think it's a girl. We soon shall see.

How about size? I've had a 9 lbs 1 oz, a 7 lbs 11 oz, and a 8 lbs 4 oz baby.

Names? That's right, we haven't even come up with names yet. Any suggestions?!

As you can see, I'm feeling rather ill prepared for the arrival of our little one. It will all be ok though; we're flexible. We're getting a little better settled in each day. I'm so glad that Terri is willing to come and stay with the kids when this baby comes. She is a life saver! I'll keep you posted if anything happens.

5 comments:

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Hummm, what shall I guess?
ok, here goes...I will guess Boy, and will guess 8 pounds even. We are all very excited to find out too Jilly! We love you, and good luck! (Little Stephen wants me to tell you he is guessing it is a girl, and he seconds my 8 pounds. Her name with be Rona.) (Skyler says girl also. On weight he says "A" (that could mean 8) and name will be Cambada).

Anonymous said...

A baby girl would make a cute baby sister for Sarah! Little girls love baby sisters! (and baby brothers too:o) I heard a name the other day that was really cute, Cadence (not sure if that is how to spell it) But it can be a boy or a girl. I thought it was cute for a girl. For a boy, humm, I'd have to give that one a little more thought. Glad to hear you are feeling more at home in your new place. I'm also glad to hear the Terri will be coming to help out when the baby is born. She is a lfe saver! We will pray all goes well, love you tons!

Lynette said...

I'm guessing boy. For weight? Let's say 8lbs. 2 oz. We are so excited for you! Please keep us posted.

Michelle D said...

Yeah for new babies! I can't wait to hear what your having - sorry, I have no guesses on it!

We sure miss you guys! Come visit soon!

Ashlee said...

Ok, my feelings are boy. But a girl would even things up. Can't wait to find out!! Let us know the minute you have him/her! I'll say 8 lbs. 8 oz. Good luck!!