Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday My Man!

Rob's birthday was over a week ago, but I failed to give him a shout out. So...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!!!
We love you!
For a while, we got to have him home a lot, and we loved this. Since we bought our new house, he spends an awful lot of time over there fixing it up. We miss having him around so much, but are very grateful for all the work he is putting on our new place. He is definitely a man of many skills, talents and great vision.
Why I love Rob:
He makes me laugh.
He's not afraid of hard work, or a big project.
He is so smart, and is always learning.
He's a great dancer.
He makes me awesome things- like furniture!
He's a great Dad. Our kids adore him!
He loves me.
His smile brightens my day.
He can be so silly, though it's a side of him that very few get to see.
He's my best friend.
The list could go on and on...
The kids love him because:
He plays with us.
He does such silly voices when he reads to us.
He loves to tease.
He loves to wrestle with us.
He takes us to Jazz games.
He works hard for us.
A few weeks ago, I took Nathan to a Jazz game. We had a great time with just the two of us. Nate informed me however, that "it's more fun to go with Dad, because Dad will run with me." (Sorry bud, but I'm not up to running from the car to the arena with my big belly and no sports bra.) I'm bet I'd get a similar response from Sarah as well. Her dad gives her piggyback rides to the arena. I'm sure he's more liberal with the flow of candy and treats than me too. Let's just face it, he's more fun than me. Love ya, mijn lievert!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rob!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

We hope you had a great Birthday Rob!!! You are so great with those kids, those pictures are fun!

Chalae said...

Happy Birthday to the old man!;) I'm glad you have someone so wonderful, Jill. You two deserve each other, in the best ways!
Chalae