Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Reader

I am so happy to be seeing a lot of this lately:

-Nathan curled up with a chapter book! He is starting to love reading and understand the joy of chapter books. It makes me soooo happy to see. I try to encourage him every step of the way. I quiz him on what he's reading, and his comprehension seems good. When he reads aloud, he even does voice inflections. It makes me giddy inside. Is that weird? Hooray for reading!
And even better than chapter books, here he is reading Dr. Seuss to Sarah and Matthew. What mother doesn't love to see that?!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute! Isn't it awesome having kids that love books? You are such a great Mom.

Rob and Jill said...

I can only hope to have him love books even half as much as your Erin!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

So cute! I hope my kids love reading too! Stephen gets so excited about his ABC's, and he loves being read to.

Anne Dixon said...

Hi Jill! It's Annelous.
I just barely got your Christmas card, we moved and didn't let many people know. Still in Leuven, Belgium though. What's your email adress, we should catch up. Mine is lelandnanne@gmail.com
We also have a blog: lelandnanne.blogspot.com
Mail me, Anne

Anne Dixon said...

Oh, PS, that is not my baby in the profile picture, it's my nephew. ;-)

Anonymous said...

reading is the key to so many things, I'm glad to see he is enjoying it!