Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sarah's Part for the Primary Program


Sarah was given a rather large part for this year's Primary Program in Sacrament Meeting (on Oct. 26th). They needed a kid with a cute voice that isn't afraid to speak in front of a large group, to start off the program with this darling poem. Sarah was a perfect choice because she doesn't have a shy bone in her body, and loves performing in front of a group. She amazed me with how fast she learned this poem. She's just a little Sunbeam! When I filmed her doing her poem, she added all these funny hand gestures that we hadn't seen before. If she does them in the program, we will all be rolling on the floor! She is such a goofball. If you can't understand all she is saying, here is the poem:

Some say I have my Mother's eyes, my smile comes from my Dad.

My freckles come from Grandpa, and all this makes me glad.

I share the curls in my hair, with uncles whom I love.

But the truth of who I really am, comes from up above.

A child of God is who I am, a child of royal birth.

My father up in heaven sent me here to earth.

And as I take this journey, and try valiantly each day

I know he watches over me and listens when I pray.

So if the path gets thorny, and the way seems not so clear,

I remember who I really am, and that takes away each fear.

4 comments:

Erika said...

That has got to be the cutest thing ever! She has such a cute little voice. I'm amazed she could memorize so much.

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

I agree, that is absolutely darling. She is soooo cute. I can't wait to see her do it on sunday.

Anonymous said...

What a big poem for such a little girl! That is so cute! I bet everyone will love it!

Carrie and Jon said...

She did such a great job. I loved the part that she added in, "Stop laughing mom!" She is darling!