Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Halloween

We love Halloween around our place!  Each year I look forward to finding out what my kids want to dress up as (sometimes with intrigue, sometime with fear of what I have to come up with).  This year I didn't have to make any costumes!  Hooray.  I really do love making their costumes, but didn't have the passion or the energy for it this year.
Matthew really wanted to be Spiderman.  It just so happened to be a very popular costume for 3-year-olds this year.  His cousin Adam, and his good friends were all Spidey as well. I love his muscly suit.  Much to my relief, he was thrilled with it! He wore a huge grin, every time he had it on. Last year I couldn't even get him to put his costume on at all.
Matt and Adam as twiner Spideys.
 Nathan wanted to be a solider.  Our next door neighbor came through for us with an awesome real deal US Army uniform.  He was bummed that he and his friend didn't get the chance to make a trailer into a tank to ride around on for trick-or-treating.  He always thinks big!  I guess ya gotta dream.
 Sarah's wanted to be a cowgirl all year long.  It was nice to not have her as a princess again! She already had the boots and hat (which somehow didn't get in any pictures.)  I'm pretty sure I wore that vest when I was little.  She made a beautiful cowgirl!
 Little Abby didn't have an opinion on a costume, but liked being an indian (a costume my mom and I made for Sarah years ago).  She would tell everybody, "indian," though it sometimes came out sounding like "idiot." When I brought up the idea of having an indian to go along with cowboys, my kids didn't get it.  I had to explain to them that we used to play cowboys and indians all the time when I was a kid.  Nowadays... cowboys and Native Americans just doesn't have the same ring to it.

 I love that smile!
 We had a fun Halloween carnival at the church.  I borrowed one of my mom's costumes, and went as Ben Franklin.  Rob was in Oregon helping his mom, so I tried giving him clues on the phone of who I was dressing as.  It came down to something like, "yeah, I'm wearing a sexy costume, if you like fat bald guys..."
 Since Rob was gone, my dad agreed to go to the carnival with me and the kids.  He was a life saver! He still looks great in his Air Force flight suit, though he couldn't find his "Top-Gun" glasses. My dad is the best!  Thanks!!!
 Abby insisted on carrying both her and Sarah's pumpkin buckets.  This is one of my favorite pictures of the night. On to the next house!
 She absolutely loved trick-or-treating!  What a concept. I look cute in my costume and say trick-or-treat, and people give me lots of candy!  A few nights after Halloween, I heard Abby call out in her sleep, "Want it, more chocate... more chocate." This girl loves sweets.
 Thankfully, the rain quit before we headed out trick-or treating. What a fun night! Nathan went out with his friend Spencer and his mom, bringing back WAY too much candy. We all got way more than we need.  I charged my kids too high of a candy tax, and now I need to have a standing date with my treadmill! 

0 comments: