Sunday, November 14, 2010

Can't Do Everything

Over the summer, I came to the realization that I can't do everything.  I never really had the illusion that I could, but at least I felt that I got some things done.  I went through a period where I felt that just keeping our heads above water was all I was capable of.  I struggled with getting the kids to and from school, football, soccer, helping with homework, weeding the garden, harvesting the garden (and actually using all that I picked), laundry, laundry, laundry, clipping fingernails and toenails, doing hair, scouts, spending time with my husband, potty training Matt, doing the dishes, keeping the house from total CHAOS, playing with the kids, shopping for groceries, canning, getting the kids to do their chores, helping build  the shed, exercising, cooking dinner... and BLOGGING.  I had to let some things slide.  Dinner, often times ended up being chicken nuggets from the freezer, or pizza from Little Caesars. Matthew is still not potty trained. Clean clothes can mostly be found in the laundry room, not in closets and dressers (sometimes folded, sometimes not).  Lots of produce from the garden went to waste because I didn't get to it.  My floor didn't get mopped very often.  And... I haven't blogged in months and months.

Things seem better under control now, as life has settled down a bit. So now, where do I start? Rob says to start where were are, but I don't know.  I want this to be a journal of our lives, and not skip over whole seasons. I'll get caught up one way or another.  Hold me to that ok?!  The task seems overwhelming, so I'll just have to plow through it.  I don't have the energy and brain power to be witty or clever. I've wasted enough time agonizing over that. So watch out, (hopefully) here come a plethora of posts.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

I'm disappointed because my first comment got erased. :) So this is a shorter version...

I say start with the now and add in a few of the past "importants" when you get a chance. If nothing else, the lack of posts in your journal sequence says "I"M TOO BUSY TO EVEN BLOG!"

That's pretty much where I'm at. But I still find time to read others blogs. :) It's part of my de-stress routine after kids are in bed and before my head hits the pillow. Glad you will be writing and posting again. Can hardly wait to catch up through cyberspace. :)

Anonymous said...

I am in the very same spot! Are we sisters or what? I am only going to try to update a month at a time, it won't be everthing, but at least it's something!