This week seemed to have an unsually large amount of unusual messes. Some of them featured this devious young man right here. It's a good thing he is so cute.
My first mess, however, was all me. I was pulling a tub of butter off the top shelf in the fridge, when I bumped a tupperware container full of spaghetti sauce. It came crashing to the floor at my feet, knocking the lid off, splatting spaghetti sauce all over the kitchen. Worst of all, it completely covered my (fairly) new, white running shoes. Oh what a mess!!! I was so mad- especially about the shoes. Luckily I had already done my running for the day, or I would have just given up on it. Have you ever cleaned tomato sauce out of something like mesh-covered white shoes?! It's not easy. I pain-stakinly cleaned every bit of my shoes with an old toothbrush and Soft Scrub gel with bleach (great stuff!). Rob was amazed at how clean I got them.
The next mess featured my dear, sweet Abby. She had a major blowout as we drove to my brother's house for a 4th of July BBQ. Poop was everywhere! I'll spare you the details; let's just say it was totally disgusting. I cleaned her up outside, then took her in for a bath. She peed on my sister-in-law's bath rug as I filled up the tub. (sigh) So... not such an usual mess (though we hadn't had one like this for a long time), just the sheer magnitude of the mess made it memorable. Thanks Toni for the use of your washer, and sorry about the rug and using half of your wipes.
I should know to check on Matthew more often, especially when he's supposed to be taking a nap, but isn't. He found a bottle of lotion, and discovered that the pump on the top is really fun to push. I discovered several piles of lotion on his carpet that he had sneakily covered up with blankets. It was my good Eucerin lotion too! Sheesh! I really have time to clean up all these extra messes.
The one tonight was a real doozie! It kind of put me over the edge. I'm not proud of my behavior. Can I blame it on PMS?! I didn't hurt anyone, I just went on a tirade of rants about kids not helping, not listening etc. You see... I started up my grill to cook burgers for dinner. I know I should have checked inside the grill first, but I didn't. When I lifted the lid to put the burgers on, I found my plastic grill brush melted in my grill! AAAAUUUUUGGGHH!!! My adorable little Matthew pulled the brush off the hook on the grill and brought it into the house the other day. I told him to take it back outside. I didn't know he had put it IN the grill! What a mess! I wasn't even sure how to go about cleaning it up. I used my spatula to scrape what I could off while it was hot. This is what's left of the grill brush.
Nasty! I hope this is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of clean up! I'm just glad it didn't ruin my grill! Yes, MY grill. Rob got it for me for Mother's Day several years ago, and I love it, and use it all the time (and am a bit protective of it). By the time I got it all cleaned up, the toxic fumes burned off, and had dinner ready, I had HAD IT! Watch out, I'm on the war path, and it would be best not to cross me. Matthew didn't get that unspoken memo, and pushed a few too many of my buttons. Rob had him spend the rest of the night in his room (with no lotion to entertain him!).
So how's that for ranting?! I'm done. This week fits in with some of my top mess memories. I do love being a mother. Is is wrong that occassionally want to check out for a little while?

4 comments:
I had one of those days yesterday...I declared that I didn't want to be the mom anymore and drowned my sorrows in a long hot bath...
I'm sorry you are feeling it too...
Seriuosly. Can we check out for a long while ever? I am trying sooo hard not to yell this week...it is sooo hard. Just give me 10 minutes alone. PLEASE.
So glad your parents are home. Mine went to Africa and got back last year. Similar feelings. I don't get to see them often as it is, but at least for Christmas.
I can completely sympathize with you. I have had weeks like that and it makes me so honory and every inch of patience I might possess goes out the window. I often want to "check out" of being mommy. And, if baby sitters weren't so expensive, I would do it a lot more often!!! Hang it there--and I will too!
*-SIGH-* I can't keep ahead of my 3 little tornado boys, so I know how you feel. We had a similar week, just add stomach flu on top of all that the boys destroyed, smeared, broke or dumped. I think another vacation sounds awesome! But I can't, I will be more likely be shampooing carpets again starting Monday.
Post a Comment