Monday, July 5, 2010

They're HOME!!!


My parents came HOME from their mission to Guam on Tuesday!  Happy, happy day!  The kids all made cute signs, and we anxiously waited at the airport for them to come down the escalator.  (All the grandkids wore their Guam t-shirts Grandma and Grandpa sent them for Christmas.)
Here's the sign Linda and I worked on until the wee hours of the morn'. 
We all cheered as we watched them decend, then we all kind of froze for a second.  It was funny.  Matthew was the first to break out and run to hug Grandpa.  It was so cute!  I cheered, I laughed, I cried, and I'm sure I had a perma-grin on my face the entire time.
We have been counting down the time for them to come home for months and weeks.  They look great!  A friend my ward saw us as we left the airport.  She said my mom was just beaming, and my dad was helping herd grandkids.  We just love them so much, and are so happy they are home.  Best of all was Abby getting to meet her Grandma and Grandpa.  She wasn't shy at all.  She warmed right up to them, and will walk over to Grandpa, climb on his lap and give him hugs and kisses, and pat him on the back.  She loves her Grandma too.  I think talking to them on Skype helped a lot, but my parents are just the type that everyone immediately loves. 
They are two of the greatest people I know!  We are so proud of them for serving the Lord so diligently.  I know it's a big sacrifice for them, fiancially, as well as sacrificing time with their grandkids and being away from the farm.  I know that we've been blessed because of their service.  They are great examples to me and my kids.  We missed them something terrible, but are overjoyed with their return. 
Cute little Sarah and Ashley helping with the luggage.
Now that they're home, it just feels right- normal... like they've always been there.  We've seen them every day since, and have loved it!  Within 30 minutes of getting home, my dad was dressed in his work clothes, and ready to go to the farm.  No one has the work ethic of my parents- no one!  My Dad is almost 72, and we still can't keep up with him.
 Rob was at the High Adventure Scout Camp at Zions, so he missed out on the homecoming.  However, my sister Linda and her kids stayed with us all week, and that was great! We had such a great time, and stayed up way too late.  This is Sarah, not long after they left.   I think that describes how we all feel.  
WELCOME HOME GRANDPA AND GRANDPA!!!  We love you!

1 comments:

Erika said...

Yay!!! How exciting!