Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hiking and Pineview


Back in July we went on a fun hike in Ogden Canyon. It was so awesome that we decided we needed to do that every week (we haven't though). It was so beautiful, and was just what I needed. Being the the mountains just rejuvenates my spirit like nothing else.
I love Sarah's glasses! She cracks me up- she insisted that she be the lead hiker the entire time. She practically ran the whole way down the trail so she could be first to the end. Hummmm... Reminds me of a little girl I used to know.
After the hike we cooled off at Pineview Reservoir. The older kids and Rob had such a good time. I tried keeping Abby out of the sun, and Matthew happy. He was too tired to enjoy the water. Rob traded with me, and I had a good time in the water too (long enough for me to get a nice sunburn- which honestly doesn't take very long for my bright-white completion).
Matthew preferred eating grapes on the beach. Unfortunately the sand was too hot to play in.
I probably hadn't been to Pineview since I was in high school. I'd forgotten how beautiful it is!

We need to do more fun things like this. We aren't very good at getting out lately.

0 comments: