Our cute little Abby is already 2 weeks old, and I haven't posted anything about her yet! Shame on me. She is so sweet and so tiny! She really is an absolute angel. We all just adore her. Nathan loves to hold her,
Sarah hugs and kisses her,
and Matthew rubs her soft hair and says "cute" and "sweet."
She is such a good baby. She hardly fusses, sleeps great, and is so sweet. Lately, she's only been waking up once in the night. I don't sleep that great because I wake up constantly to check on her and make sure she's ok. I told the Dr. that I didn't know whether to cheer that she sleeps so well, or to worry. He said that since she's gaining weight well, and is alert and active when she's awake, that I should be happy, and let her sleep. Yeah!!! When we were bringing her home from the hospital, I warned her that she was coming home to a really loud house, and that she'd have to sleep through it. She listened. She sleeps through loud kids, and loud tools. Rob's been cutting tile, hammering etc. and it doesn't faze her. I am so lucky- and grateful!!!
So... between having a newborn, sick kids, trying to unpack my house, get projects done around the house (like getting the laundry room and master bath done), and getting Nathan to and from school 20 minutes away everyday, life has been pretty hectic. I hope that's a good enough excuse for not posting anything about Abby for so long. Life has settled down a lot, and we are doing great.

In the evening, when Terri brought the kids up to see the baby, she was still in the nursery getting warmed up. The nurses let the kids into the nursery to get a good look at her ( I guess Abby was the only baby in the nursery at the time). The nurse put more ink on Abby's foot, and stamped it on Sarah's hand. She was so thrilled, and didn't want to wash her hand for days.
Now Sarah tells everyone, "I got just what I wanted, a baby sister!" And she tells them about getting her baby's foot stamped on her hand. After bathing Abby, the nurses had Sarah come back to the nursery to choose a bow to put in her hair. That left Sarah beaming as well.
Thanks to my lievert Rob, who was so good during and after the delivery. I almost broke his fingers, squeezing them so hard during contractions, and while getting my epidural. I don't know what I would do without him. Thanks Terri, for everything. And thanks Jim and Lynette, for watching the kids, with no notice. I sure miss my parents being here for this! When I called them in Guam to tell them we had a baby girl, I was almost crying too hard to get the words out. What a special event for our family. We love that little girl, and are so grateful that she made it here safe and sound!

8 comments:
I loved reading this. Abby looks like such a sweetheart. How cool that the nurse stamped Abby's foot on Sarah's hand! Glad to hear you are starting to get more settled and that Abby is such a good sleeper already.
Yay...Yay...having your water break is sooo fun! Mine broke with both of my girls...and BTW...need some food? Call me!!!!
Yay Jill!! What a cute family you guys have, my dream is to have two of each. Probably won't happen though. I really need to come see you. We drove past your house Sunday but I don't think you were home.
She is so precious! I can't believe how fotogenic she already is, and yes, just like Sarah! I never picked up on it. I'm so glad things are calming down up there. I wish we lived closer!
What a cutie! Stephen says she is "Adreberol" which means Adorable I believe. I think Abby needs to have a little Chat with Cody who still doesn't like to sleep during the night. (He is doing better than he was.) We hope life is slowing down for you a bit...what a crazy time you were having there.
Abby is such a cute name! Congratulations! I see that Dr. Bitner was your doctor...mine to! I love that man! Sorry you had such a rough start but am so glad that things are going so well!
Congratulations! She is so precious! I hope you're doing well!
Hooray for you Jill! I hope to go on my own, too. Since I've followed pretty close in your footsteps thus far, I'll hope to continue. Good luck with all you have on your plate!
Post a Comment