Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Spring,... it's Winter,... it's Spring... (sigh)

This weather is killing me!  All through March and April we've gone from winter to spring, then right back to winter again. I suppose it's a typical spring in Utah, but it sure seems extreme.  Who knows how to dress the kids from day to day; one day they're in t-shirts, and the next day they need their snow boots.  It has made for a lot of fun times for my kids, however.  They love to play outside, whether it be in snow or shine (but not rain- which we are getting A LOT of lately).
Matthew and I made this snowman together, and he sure was proud of it!  It lasted a long time after rest of the snow melted.
 

Every time we got some snow, the first thing Matt would want to do was make snow angels in it.
 Abby tries to keep up with her siblings, including riding scooters.
 This is what happens  when we get the wild swings in weather.  After a nice day of riding, Matthew left his tricycle out.  He tried riding it through the new snow the next day.  I laughed for days after seeing this.  He got one wheel cleared off before I could get back with my camera.
 That is some great packing snow!
 We got far more snow in March than we did in December and January!


 Any time the weather is good, or even semi-good, Matthew can be found playing baseball.  Traffic cones make great t's- apparently.  Matt turns four just in time to be able to play t-ball.  Thrilled doesn't even come close to how excited he is.
 Sarah's got the baseball bug too- especially after her Daddy got her a new, super cool, girly, white and purple bat.  She says it's the coolest bat she's ever seen.
So here's to spring.  I hope you come soon, and stay a while!

1 comments:

Chalae said...

We seriously miss good packing snow! It looks likes ya'll definitely know how to have a good time with it. Your kids are the cutest ever. I can't get over their eyes and dimples. Some things about life just aren't fair=)