Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas 2009

I'm only a few weeks behind, right?!  So here are lots a pictures, and not too many words.

We had a great Christmas.  Nathan woke up really early, and was sent back to bed until a more reasonable hour.  I love the awe and wonder of the kids as they see the tree Christmas morning.  It's magical.  After reading Luke 2, we let the chaos begin.  We went easy on Christmas this year, but it still seems like there was a ton under the tree. 
Matthew was so excited about this Mack truck.  He LOVES Cars.  Boy does Santa know what this kid would like or what?

It looks like Abby was thinking, "Aw, not more clothes!"  What can I say, that's all she needed-and I'm all about getting them things they need for Christmas.

This may be my favorite picture from all of Christmas.  I love this little girl!  See those cute little teeth?  They are really sharp!

Nathan was happy about this deka Bakugan.  I don't get the whole thing about Bakugans really (maybe because we don't have cable and haven't seen the show) but Nathan thinks they are way cool.

Yeah for basketball shoes, especially with the basketball season starting up soon.

Did Santa get this Ute stuff for Rob, or did he just buy it for himself?!

After Nathan opened up this Ute stuff, he asked why only Dad's name was on the gift tag, and not mine.  Duh!  Silly question son.  He knows I would never take part in buying anything Ute.  I would have bought them some great BYU gear, had they not become such traitors.

My parents sent us all some awesome sea shells and shell decorations from Guam.  Here's Terri with hers.
My parents also sent us each a book about sea shells.  We've had a great time identifying all great shells they sent.


We've had a lot of fun, hand-slapping games of Slamwich.

Nathan got a new bat and batting gloves.

The only things Sarah wanted were:
a magnet princess paper doll book.  (Thank goodness Santa was able to find it!)...

A snow globe...

and a piggy bank (which are not easy to find, btw).

Nathan can hear the ocean in his sea shell.

Matthew is so fast on his new scooter.

Rob and I got to open all the "gifts" that Nathan and Sarah wrapped up for us.  Here, Rob is loving his(broken) bead necklace and Halloween candy from Sarah.

I can't believe I'm showing a picture of the chaos.  It took a long time for us to recover.

Nathan and Terri had a great DodgeTag battle.  But watch out... those velcro targets really grab hair, and don't let go!


Sarah made this (ok, she painted it) for Nathan to hang in his room,  He thought it was pretty cool.

Rob and Nathan had their 1st annual Christmas Day baseball game and frisbee toss in the back yard.  It was all fine and good until Nathan got a frozen frisbee to the nose.  I wonder if that's what broke the frisbee.

Christmas night, Jim, Lynette and family came for pie.  Here's Jim with Matthew and Adam.  They are such cute pals.

Lynette and Erin.  Lynette told me not long ago, that a lot of people tell her that Erin looks like me.  What do you think?  I think she looks a lot like her mom.

Erin had a great time running the trains with Rob.  It was really cute how into it she was.  They played for quite a while.

Should I hide the Ute stuff?  When my kids wear it, I feel like I have to put on my BYU gear to counter-balance it.

Toothless Ryan playing DodgeTag.

Matt and Abby with their Christmas toys.  See... Abby did get toys- from Grandma!

Who doesn't love curling up in a chair with the Cat in the Hat?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I wish we had a white Christmas like you did! Ours was just plain brown:( mud everywhere (yuck) Did you finially get your treadmill?

Becky said...

It looks like Santa did a great job at your house! Your Christmas "mess" pales in comparison to what we had. There were so many boxes, etc. that we filled three HUGE garbage bags and still didn't get it all. I can tell your kids had such a magical Christams